Tuesday 18 June 2013

Life?

The spark, the spark, oh the spark,
the spark, the spark, oh the spark.

I am unmanned by the realm of bats
especially when I’m out of hats
and I am on my Todd.

And when I get delirium tremens
through an overdose of gin and lemons
I dread the sight of yet more spirits
especially ones with moaning habits
I would rather eat welsh rabbit
and watch Britain’s Got Talent.

I tend to be a gullible man
Check my star sign in the Sun
Never walk under climbing trees
Keep the stories of Beatrix P.

But in the daylight I am brave
will dive down to the deepest cave
attempt a drowning man to save
attend while sober a midnight rave.

The spark, the spark, oh the spark,
the spark, the spark, oh the spark.

So at the end of everything
It’s not a lonely bell I ring
Life can make you want to sing, best to join a choir.

Living out your midnight visions
only feeds your superstitions
why not join the latest craze
see all the world in eighty days.

John Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment